Monday, June 16th
- FREE Bryant Park FitClub: Pilates 7:30am – 8:30am
Join Pilates on Fifth for an outdoor mat pilates class open to all skill and age levels!
- FREE HBO Summer Film Festival @ Bryant Park…Bring your picnic by 5pm / Movie starts at sundown!
Saturday Night Fever will be starting the season off!
- FREE Outdoor Strength fitness class hosted by Brooklyn Strength @ Brooklyn Bridge Park Pier 6 Promenade 7:30pm – 8:30pm
Tuesday, June 17th
- FREE Yoga @ Bryant Park 10am – 11am
Join YogaWorks instructor Anna Hughes-Dioguardi for a blend of spirit, calmness, sweat and music for a satisfying practice. Mats provided!
- FREE Knitting @ Bryant Park 1:30pm – 3pm Yarn and needles provided!
Wednesday, June 18th
- FREE Bryant Park FitClub: Boot Camp 6:30am – 7am
Join The Rise NYC for a Boot Camp with rotations through exercises like crunches, planks, and push-ups. No equipment required, just smiles!
- Sunset Pilates hosted by Body In Balance Studio @ Brooklyn Bridge Park Pier 5. Get your core to this intermediate class with your mat right before sunset!
Thursday, June 19th
- The Ohio Players @ Metrotech Commons, Brooklyn 12pm
FREE event! Funk legends and R&B Hall of Famers The Ohio Players return to MetroTech to deliver their irresistible, white-hot grooves. Since making a splash in the 1970s with chart-topping hits like “Love Rollercoaster” and “Fire,” the ultra-tight veteran ensemble has helped define the classic funk sound, built on their driving rhythms, deep, slinky bass lines, and bright horn blasts.
- FREE Yoga @ Bryant Park 6pm – 7pm
- FREE Yoga @ Prospect Park / Grand Army Plaza Entrance 7pm – 8pm
- FREE BAMcinemaFest 3 movies by Les Blank @ Brooklyn Bridge Park’s Harbor View Lawn. Event starts at 7pm
BAMcinemaFest pays tribute to Les Blank’s legacy with this outdoor screening featuring Garlic Is as Good as Ten Mothers (1980), The Blues Accordin’ to Lightnin’ Hopkins (1970), and Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe (1980). The event will also feature food vendors curated by Smorgasburg starting at 7pm and live music beginning at 8pm.
Friday, June 20th
- FREE Modern Dance Performance @ Bryant Park 6pm – 7:30pm
Modern dance companies performing on this day: Stephen Petronio Company | NØA Dance | UnderOneDances | The Dash Ensemble
Saturday, June 21st
- Summer Solstice! Longest day of the year!
- Make Music New York. Enjoy FREE concerts in public spaces throughout the five boroughs of New York City! Excellent way to start Summer off if you ask me…
From 10 in the morning to 10 at night, musicians of all ages, creeds, and musical persuasions — from hip hop to opera, Latin jazz to punk rock — perform on streets, sidewalks, stoops, plazas, cemeteries, parks and gardens. Find what’s playing in your neighborhood here: makemusicny.org
- Mermaid Parade @ Coney Island 1pm
For all info. http://www.coneyisland.com/programs/mermaid-parade
- FREE Modern Dance Class @ Bryant Park 10am – 11am
Led by dancers from the world-renowned Limon Dance Company – open to all levels!